Thursday, April 24, 2008

Coldstone

There's a popular saying, "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade." I have something similar. "When love stinks, eat ice cream." I won't post all the details here, but today love stinks. Hopefully, my state of optimism will return shortly, but until then love stinks and, therefore, I shall eat ice cream.

My personal trainer would tell me this probably isn't the wisest course for my physical health goals, but my emotional trainer, (Hey, that's me!) thinks its a great idea. I had a bad night last night. It started off good, but then went downhill. My heart burst into little pieces. Tears were shed and I slept little. I looked awful when it came time to get up for work. It didn't help that the shower was being occupied right when I wanted to use it. So I went to work looking like crap. I felt like crap too. Seriously. Self esteem was hitting pretty low.

Thankfully, a good friend managed to reach me via facebook chat. (Its about time they had a free chat on there!) She decided that ice cream and catching up was called for. So instead of hitting the gym, I hit Coldstone. Did you know that they sing a song when they get a tip? I was tempted to tip repeatedly just for the laughs! I discovered that the company of good friends and cookie dough ice cream is great therapy. I left feeling so much better about myself. The combination of good advice and chocolate perked me right up!

So thanks to all my friends who support me through my tough times. Thanks to Coldstone for the empty calories that fuel the way to recovery, and Love, you stink.

2 comments:

Annie said...

AMEN SISTER!!! Friends, ice cream and chatting. Yes, these are a few of MY favorite things, especially when love stinks. LOVE STINKS! Great, now I have that song in my head. Anyway, I love your blog!

Kristen said...

awwww..... yay for friends