Sunday, July 27, 2008

Love and Sacrifice

My roommates and I attended a new YSA ward today for the first time. We decided that we really like the ward. We want to check out another ward next week, but we'll probably go to this one.

Anyway we came home and were really tired. It had been a long week. I decided to take a nap and I had this crazy, crazy dream. My friend Annie really, really likes this guy. In my dream she and I lived in this alternate universe where we were being forced into arranged marriages. Now luckily for me, I was being matched with the guy Annie likes, but Annie was matched with a white haired old geezer. I don't know who did the matching, but it was sad.

So in the course of my engagement with the guy Annie loved, I found out that he also loved her, but due to the arranged marriages, he couldn't pursue her. We ended up searching all sorts of old laws trying to find a loophole so that Annie and her guy could marry. It was intense as Annie was due to marry the old geezer the next day and I was supposed to marry her guy later that day.

We found the loophole, but it required that someone take Annie's place. I ended up running through buildings with long corridors bumping into children and knocking over old ladies as I sprinted to stop Annie's wedding...and take her place. So yes, I married an old guy so that my friend can marry the guy she loves. What does this say about me? I don't know, but hopefully not that I like old men. Eeeww.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I have the greatest friends! So loyal! Thank you for sacrificing for me. That shows true friendship. And who knows, maybe the old guy was really an attractive younger man in disguise and he was in love with you! He secretly hoped you would take my place and then once you married, he would remove his old geezer mask and you fell madly in love! That my "dream" for you. This way we both have men we love and your sacrifice brought about the greatest reward! I love happy endings! ;)

Robbie Isbell said...

I'm 31...so...ew?